Monday, August 14, 2006

My "Big Boy Adult"


Well, I survived the first day of all day school... I mean Mason survived. I dropped him off this morning and he was all smiles while chatting with his new teacher. She seems so great. She knelt down and got face to face with Mason and listened to every word that he said. He was nervous so he was telling her all sorts of things. The one thing that I was worried about was if he would eat and would he sleep. He ate peas ya'll! I couldn't get him to eat a pea at home to save my life. Anyone who knows Mason knows that I have a very picky eater on my hands! So, he ate.... and he slept. He laid on his nap mat with his pillow case that has his name on it (Thanks Jessica) and his "soft comfortable blanket" that Angie made and he slept. One of the teachers said that it took a lot to wake him up. He is a hard sleeper... she learned that today.

After I picked Mason up from school he told me that he was a "big boy adult" now because he goes to big boy school. He also told me that he slept next to a girl named Bella. Oh my!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Already being a ladies man! Awww..that's so cute! Im glad he had a good day!

Angie said...

Yay, I am so glad that he had a good day. I missed him. I am glad that he gets to take a little bit of me to school with his 'soft comfortable blanket'.
Wouldn't ya know he would mention the girl? What a man!

Anonymous said...

Good job Mom. What a tough day huh? He is such a sweet boy and he will do great. You should be so proud.

Sandy said...

Great! I was thinking about him all day. Wondering if he was having a good time or wishing he was back at Aunt Angie's. I'm so glad he had a good first day as being a big boy adult! Way to go Mason!

Anonymous said...

Bet he'll have some "big boy adult" stories he'll want to share Sunday in Children's Church! I'm proud of you Mason!

Laura said...

I want to hear about the rest of his first week, and remember, sometimes kids go through what we as preschool teachers like to call the "honeymoon period" where for the first couple of weeks everything is great and then you have a major melt down around week 3, 4 or 5. Hopefully, Mason will not have this problem, but it does happen alot, and you just have to be consistent.