Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Flip Flop Club

Saturday night was our first women's supper club. It was hosted by Jessica and I really believe that she stood in her kitchen and cooked all day long! She made appetizers, fish tacos, mango chutney, homemade salsa, ginger coconut rice, ginger slaw and black beans and corn. Can you say YUMMY? The food was incredible, as was the company. We giggled and chatted the night away. For dessert, we had homemade by Jessica tiramasu that was out of this world good! And believe it or not, everything was low in fat and high in yumminess..... okay so it was low in fat until I had more dessert... oops! She even had dinner music playing and pretty menus printed. I am hosting the next dinner in September and I feel a little bit under pressure! How do I top fish tacos and tiramasu? At least I have a month to think about it! Thanks to Jessica for the fun night!

On a different note, I got up and went to Sunday school this morning. I haven't been to Sunday school since I was a child. Jessica's husband is the Sunday school teacher and a really great person so I got up and went. I have to say that I really enjoyed it and I will be going back! It amazes me how God works. He knows exactly what he is doing and His timing is perfect. I joined WW with Jessica and have gotten closer to her because of it. Her husband is a deacon at my church and the young adult Sunday school teacher. If I hadn't joined WW, I probably wouldn't have gone to Sunday school because, well, I have no excuse so I'll stick to "just because". God works in amazing ways!

On a third note, when I got home from church at 12:30pm, Mason was still sleeping. No, not nap time. More like never got up this morning time. I woke him up and he seemed fine. We went to Wally world and then stopped for lunch. He still seemed fine. He played all afternoon. I went for a walk at about 6:30pm and when I got home around 7pm, he was sleeping again! He was only awake for 6 1/2 hours. Of course, my mommy intuition kicked in and now I am waiting for what ever he has to surface. Brett says that I am overreacting but why else would he sleep much? It has to be something. I guess time will tell. I hope that he stays asleep and wakes up refreshed and ready for his second week of preschool!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie, I had so much fun on Saturday. I absolutely love being a mommy and wifey, but boy is it nice to hang out with the girls sometimes. So I hope we all lost lbs this week or i will be in serious trouble huh? talk about pressure...I set out to loose 5 lbs this week and now i will be greatful of any loss. Sometimes it is hard to cook without taste testing everything ya know?. Well i will see you @ 5:45.
P.S. Did we decide on "Veggie" or "CC" for Angie? And what is your alias? I think we should make t-shirts for the CAROLINA FLIP FLOP GIRLS

Sandy said...

Yeah! I like the t-shirt idea... So what are we waiting for??? Dinner was good, thanks Jessica!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say "Thanks" for letting me be part of your supper club. I really enjoyed the great company and the yummy food. It was alot of fun. And Lori, you will make something just as yummy as Jessica did for your hosting turn.

Laura said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time, and everything sounds so good! I have never had fish tacos before, or tiramasu come to think of it... God does work in amazing ways, and even though everyone, including myself, probably thought you were crazy for wanting to lose weight through WW, God had a plan and that was for you to get closer to Jessica and go to Sunday School.
Oh! How is Mason doing now? Sometimes Konnor sleeps alot when he is going through a growth spurt.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! It is great to hear that you are finding time to get out and be with the girls. Sometimes that all everyone needs. About Mason. Maybe he is just really tired after his long week of school and of course of playing non-stop. We have a lot of kindergartners who are not used to going to school all day and they either fall asleep before the day is over or pass out when they get home. It is a huge adjustment for them. Hope all is well!!