Friday, August 25, 2006

Is God Your Friend?


Yesterday, while riding in the car, Mason said, "Mommy, I'm really sad." I asked why he was so sad. He responded by saying, "I'm sad because there are people in this world who aren't friends with God and Jesus and I won't see those people in Heaven." After I picked my bottom jaw off the floor, I told him that he was right but that we would see a lot of our friends and family in Heaven when we get there. He started asking me if Angie and her kids would be there? Would Noah, Ivette, McKenzie and Brookie be there? I told him that if they live their lives for Jesus and accepted Him into their hearts, that they too would be in Heaven. That satisfied him and he was quiet for a few seconds. Then he finished up our conversation with, "Mommy, I think that the creacher is Jesus best friend." (He calls our preacher at church the creacher.) So, this wasn't our typical Thursday afternoon conversation but it confirmed to me that when I talk about God and when we go to church, that he's starting to understand what it takes to get to Heaven. So, let me ask you this question... Is God your friend?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a perfect example of our children listening to what we say and comprehending in their own special way, even at the early age of 3 years old. In case I haven't told you lately, I am very proud of you! Love, Mom

Tammy said...

That is so sweet! Doesn't it confirm that you are on the right track?

My four year old daughter asks similar questions...some very hard to answer! But it blesses me also to know her little heart is pondering these things.

Anonymous said...

You tell him that Aunt Brookie and Uncle Justin will both see him in Heaven. So will Molly and Remi!! We may not be strict church goers but we both accepted God into our lives a long time ago and talk with him every day. I couldn't imagine my life without his love and grace!! What an amazing nephew we have. Keep up the good work mommy and daddy. You guys are doing a fine job raising him.

Chrissy said...

Aren't you glad to have the blog? It's so handy for recording these priceless moments. I'm wondering what his spiritual gifts might include....he is certainly wise! C