Friday, August 25, 2006

Dear God,
I pray this prayer for my baby brother,
He touches my heart, he's like no other.
His life has been rough Lord but You have a plan,
All You needed was for him to reach out his hand.
He's going to come out on the other side,
With a smile on his face and pep in his stride.
I pray for him now, as I do everyday,
That Your will be done, come what may.
The chains are already snapping one by one,
Let them continue to fall until they are all undone.
Keep the devil away as he trys to get well,
Please continue to free him from his manmade hell.
Many tears will be shed while he is away,
But we will all be rejoicing on his homecoming day!
I pray this prayer for my baby brother,
He touches my heart, he's like no other.
Amen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful prayer for your brother. Prayer is what has brought him to where he is today. I am so thankful to everyone that has been praying for him these past few months. Can you believe he's going away and there's such rejoicing? God has plans for your baby brother, and this is just another chapter in his life. He's going to be an awesome "creacher" when he comes home! He told me last night, "I'm so excited!" That's truly an answered prayer and a blessing that could have only come from above!

Laura said...

Lori, our prayers are with Bernie and your family. It is wonderful that Bernie has come to this decision. They say that in order to be helped you have to want it, and it sounds like Bernie is at that place where he wants it.

Sandy said...

You totally suck... I'm not supposed to break down and cry at work... Too late. I camein the door with many tears already shed this morning. I cried all the way home last night! I almost had to pull over so I wouldn't wreck! And then I got home..... I cried myself to sleep! As I hugged Bernie last night, I so didn't want to let go. I cried then too. And as he wiped the tears from my eyes (he poked me in the eye, LOL!) he told me that everything would be okay and that he would be back before I knew it... He better! He has such a big heart and that's one of the many many reasons why I love him! I know that he will be fine and he will be back soon. It's just really gonna be hard to stay out of that bed!!! Love you!