Tuesday, May 09, 2006

We're Back!


What should I say? Where should I start?
Our entire trip seemed like the best part.
On the way there, Mason was good in the car,
Although he kept saying, "Disney is way to far!"
Mason called our hotel room his new small house.
It was worth the down size to see Mickey Mouse!
On the way there, Mason was dancing in his seat.
I could see the excitement from his head to his feet!
So, Daddy and Mason rode all the fast rides.
I was afraid and had to sit off to the side!
All those loops and twists and turns...
Just thinking about it makes my stomach burn.
I did ride Splash Mountain... With my eyes shut,
I still feel the nausea in the pit of my gut!
Mason got his face painted like a great super hero,
By this time my energy level was about on zero!
Mason drove a race car around a big track.
He drove and he drove and never looked back.
We went on a jungle cruise on a big old boat.
I wasn't even sure if that thing was gonna float.
Mason loved meeting Goofy and shaking his hand.
He wasn't afraid of anything, my brave little man!
The next day we went to a great big farm,
It was a little bit stinky but still full of charm.
Mason rode on a horse and held a big rooster.
Now, how is that for an ego booster?
We saw a strange animal... Was it a zebra or a horse?
Can you believe that thing was a doggone zorse?
Daddy got peed on by a little bitty duck,
The lady at the farm said that's suppose to be good luck.
Mason got to milk a great big cow,
He squeezed and squeezed and finally said WOW!
In the end Mason had one more question, of course...
"Can I go over now and milk that big horse?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so funny, my child, and gifted I might say,
You made me laugh when I read your blog today!

Sandy said...

I'm so glad that you guys had fun! I can't wait to take Noah. I'm also very glad that you are back. You sure were missed! Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your poem very much. Your so talented. I'm glad your back too! I was missing my peeps.