Friday, May 19, 2006

Best Buds



This is Mason and Ripley, the two most mischievous boys to ever grace our home! Ripley was a Christmas gift from my in-laws in 2004. I received a fury little puppy but Mason got a new best friend. If you were to walk into our house, you would most likely find these two together, doing what they do best..... Watching Sponge Bob, eating chips or cookies, snuggling really close at bed time or dancing. Although Ripley has eaten many of Mason's toys, Mason still stands by his pup and defends him. "But mommy, he was hungry." or "But mommy, my daddy will buy me another toy". Ripley has done some down right naughty things in our house.... Chewed carpet, our bedspread, our dresser, hundreds of Mason's toys, shoes, underwear, socks, and his all time favorite, toilet paper. Even last night, Brett came home from work, exhausted, only to find that Ripley had ripped a hole in his pillow. There have been times when I have wanted to take Ripley down the street and leave him. Of course, I would never do that. I would at least leave him in front of a nice home..... HAHA! But as angry as I get at Ripley, all that disappears when I wake up and find Ripley sleeping on Mason's pillow, right above Mason's head. Or when I see how upset Ripley gets when Mason cries. Or when Mason and Ripley are sharing a snack while relaxing in the recliner. They are inseparable and I wouldn't trade either one of them for anything!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the two of them are like two peas in a pod. It's amazing how animals play such a huge role in our families, particularly ours. We all love animals so much and as you know in mine and Justin's case, they are our children. One minute they are eating your favorite plant or pillow, and the next they are snuggling by your side after a bad day to let you know that at least some one cares and will be there no matter what. I wouldn't know what to do without my pups, especially my baby girl Molly.

Brook :)

Angie said...

That has got to be the sweetest picture ever. We do need to find a contest for that one! (they don't look mischievious!) :)
Love ya!

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Oooh that's sweet.