Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Baby Birds!!


A sweet mommy bird has taken up residence in our hanging plant on the front porch. Mason and I have been waiting patiently for her 5 eggs to hatch. Today when we checked the nest, instead of eggs we saw 5 fur balls! Mason is so excited. He thinks these babies are his pets and that we should name them. We are very careful not to touch the plant that the nest is in because we don't want the momma bird to abandon her babies. So, we have five babies to name and we could use some help! Any ideas? Obviously we aren't going to be able to tell them apart but Mason insists on naming them. He knows that they will get bigger and eventually learn to fly. But according to him, they will always live around our house. He also informed me today that birds fly up to the sun in the afternoon and that they cover it up and that is why it gets dark. I asked him who told him that and he said, "God". I would love to hear all of his thoughts for a day! I'm sure that I would be amazed!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I think you should name them all after famous birds like Tweety, Donald, Daffy, Big Bird and Woody the Woodpecker. :-) See if Mason will go with that... Have a great day!
Love You, too!

Sandy said...

Mason is a sweetie! I'd like to see what he does decide to name them. What's up with Jeff? How is Jeff? Noah forgot to tell Mason at church that we now have a "pet" lizard on our porch too! Kids....

Lori said...

Laura,
Love them names! Mason will definitely love them, too!

Anonymous said...

I vote for naming one freedom, since he or she is a little bird. Or we could call the mommy that.

Love ya,
Brook