Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Is Your Favorite Color Plaid?

Tonight I went to a Celebrate Recovery meeting. I have been going to these meetings for a few weeks to try to learn how encourage my brother. I wanted to learn how to cope with the things that he does and how to take care of myself. It has been very discouraging to me because all of the women in the meeting have issuses that they are all trying to work through. I have contemplated giving up on the meetings because I couldn't pick a problem that I had to work on. Not that I don't have problems. Who doesn't? It always came back around to my brother. But I am not going to make my brother better. I go so that I can gain strength from the women there. Every week I leave saying to myself, " I am not going back." But during the week that follows, I find myself remembering something that was said in there. Something to give me hope... Light at the end of a dark tunnel. And I always find myself going back.

Tonight was all about taking action. Taking action to change your life. It was said that some people are so indecisive that they don't even know what their favorite color is... So they pick plaid. I started giggling because my favorite color is plaid!! I am very indecisive in a lot of areas of my life. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a hard time making big decisions without first asking everyone that I know his or her opinion. Should I or shouldn't I? This way or that way? Black or white? Red or pink? I'm often afraid that I will make bad choices. What I should be doing is praying about things more and letting God lead me..... Not everyone else. And I am going to pick a favorite color! Any suggestions? JUST KIDDING!

7 comments:

Angie said...

Ok, not a good first step, especially when you ask me to read this to make sure it makes sense. Yes Lori, it makes great sense. Perfect sense!

Oh, BTW, your favorite color is pink and brown. :)

Sandy said...

I thought that was hilarious about the plaid thing too! I am still laughing at it! I am not that indecisive. I know my favorite color is pink, no doubt! I'm like you though, I ask people what to do, where to go, etc. Gotta let it go! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you are indecisive, just open for new suggestions. You sure don't any problems helping me make decisions when we go shopping. Hum, wonder where you get your indecisiveness from!

Laura said...

I always thought you looked nice in pink too. :-)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ said...

PLAID! I love it! My children ask me often what my favorite color is and I never can give a definite. It's now PLAID! :)

I've moved!
http://joyinthemorning.clubmom.com

Frances D said...

You know when I think about it my favorite color is plaid.
Thanks for sharing.
My TT is up.
Take care,
Frances

the lizness said...

Turquoise. with yellow. so I guess my favorite color is stripes :)