Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ladies and Gentleman... We Have a Swimmer!


About two weeks ago, we got a pool from WalMart. Yes, it's one of those easy set up, which actually was a pain, above ground inflatable pools. It's 4 feet deep but we didn't fill it completely so that Mason could touch. Until this year, Mason has worn "water wings". It was harder for me than it was for him to give up those wings. Mason has no fear of water but Lord knows that I do!

It turns out that Mason can swim better that most adults. He dives to the bottom to get dive sticks, he sinks to the bottom and touches his belly to the pool floor, he jumps off the ladder, and he can swim like a fish. He can swim just as good as I do. I am totally amazed.

He picked up a saying somewhere..... He says it to himself when he is about to attempt something that he has never done before. He says, "I'm brave and fearless". He used that saying in our pool all weekend.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Wowsers! I'm proud of him! Way to go Mason! Swim, swim, swim!

Angie said...

Just like his cousins the mermaids, maybe Jackson will do better now that Mason is doing it! Great job Mas!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mason! He is just amazing to me. Love you kid!

Anonymous said...

Mason, I loved my swimming video you sent. It was perfect. I can't wait to get one of those sweet kisses in person. Only 16 more days!!! I am so proud of you and your fearlessness. You are precious!!

Love you all!