Monday, April 17, 2006

Power of Praying


Lately I have been praying extra hard for my brother. I pray at different times of the day for him but I also find myself praying extra for mom and dad and my other brother and my sisters. I have been praying for my brother's girlfriend and I have been praying for my family. All of this extra praying was brought on by the prayers that I started for Bernie. One simple prayer turned into several prayers and now I find myself praying for my entire family. I have to admit that I haven't always been one to pray. For some reason I was not comfortable with it. Of course I said the occasional, "God, help me!" But even when I was alone, I prayed silently. I know that God can hear my prayers whether they are spoken out loud or written down or just in my head but to pray out loud is another feeling. And all of this extra praying came about because I started praying for my brother.. I started praying for him and my family and on and on.

I'm sure that everyone has had a time in their lives when you felt so completely hopeless. No amount of worry or tears or begging will change what is happening. But if you just stop what you are doing and pray.... Things will start to look brighter. All you can do is pray and wait for God to take action.

So, because I started praying for Bernie, God has started working on me. Isn't that something?

No comments: