Thursday, April 06, 2006

My last blog was about our phone ringing all the time and how I loved to hear it ring. But tonight the constant ringing was not a good thing. Tonight I got calls from my sister, my mom, my nephew and my brother's girlfriend and they all said the same thing, "Have you seen Bernie?" My heart is breaking right now because drugs have a grip on my little brother and they will not let him go. Right now he is not himself. He is the drug and the drug is going to kill him if he doesn't stop using.

My brother is an incredible man. He is one of those rare men who still holds doors open for women and opens car doors. He would walk through fire for anyone that he loves. But he is also a drug addict.

I have people in my life who do not understand why Bernie can't just stop. Everyone is addicted to something whether it's coffee, cigarettes, t.v., the internet, working out, sports or work. The only difference is that drugs are illegal. But try to stop drinking coffee in the morning and see how you feel. That's how drugs are to my brother. They have a firm hold on him.

There is nothing worse than seeing someone that you love suffer and not be able to give them instant relief. As I have said before, all that I can do is pray. I saw one of God's miracles in Bernie's life these past few months. I could look in Bernie's eyes and see him for the first time in years. I know that if I just trust in God, I will see another miracle in Bernie's life. So, God, here I am, trusting in You and Your will for Bernie's life. BRING ON THE MIRACLE!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brint it on!!!