Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My Sista From Another Mudda



"When you are sad, I will dry your tears. When you are scared, I will comfort your fears. When you are worried, I will give you hope. When you are confused, I will help you cope. And when you are lost, And can't see the light, I shall be your beacon Shining ever so bright. This is my oath, I pledge till the end. Why you may ask? Because your my best friend."

I would love to say that I wrote this poem but I didn't. But if I was going to write a poem about my best friend, it would be a lot like this one. She is always a phone call away, no matter what time it is or what she may be doing. She has the kindest nature about her and at the same time she "don't take no crap". She has a magnetic personality and advice like you wouldn't believe. If something wonderful happens in my life, she is one of the first people to know. If I am in crisis, I always dial her number. I can remember numerous times that I have called her and she could tell by the sound of my voice that I needed her. She never hesitates to come right over.

She loves Mason. I can see it when she looks at him. It shines in her eyes. He loves her as much as she loves him. Almost every time she comes over he wants her to play hide and go seek or chase. I can't remember a single time when she has told him no, even if she is in a hurry. Mason is very lucky to have her in his life.

I'm not really sure why I decided to write about her tonight but I do know that I am truly blessed by having her as my "sista from another mudda". If I could choose anyone in the world to be my best friend, I would choose her. Luckily, God chose her for me a long time ago.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new background design. Once again I am missing you guys already. I hate leaving Beaufort, when my time there always goes by so fast. I plan to come back this summer definitely with family in tow. Take care and good night!!

Anonymous said...

She a "sista from another mudda" but I de udder mudda. Love u

Anonymous said...

Okay, now that I've stop crying.....I ditto everything 3 times more. Words can't even describe how much you and your family mean to me. I've been very lucky to have 2 wonderful people cross my path in my life. Shawn is the first and you without question are the 2nd. The both of you are all I need for a lifetime. I've never met anyone like you. Your heart is bigger than alot of peoples put togther and for that I will always cherish you. Oh and little man, I love him soooo much.... as if he were my own!.
Thank God for you.