Thursday, September 07, 2006

Poor Ripley

This morning I dropped Ripley off at the vet to be neutered. Poor little fella had no idea what was going on. He was wagging his tail when we walked into the vet. He thought we were just visititng some nice people.... Little did he know what he was in for. I felt really bad leaving him there. He was working his pitiful puppy dog eyes when I left. His eyes were screaming TAKE ME WITH YOU! But.....
Maybe he will stop chewing up Mason's toys and my pillows and basically anything that he can get into his mouth. Maybe he will stop humping every animal that comes to the house. Maybe he will stop barking so much. Maybe, maybe, maybe.
He has to stay over night at the vet so I don't get to see him until tomorrow. Tonight I am going to have to tell Mason something to explain Ripley's stitches so that Mason won't be too rough with him. I am sorta looking forward to a Ripley-free night!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Ripley does well. He shouldn't have external sutures if he is only getting neutered though. Too bad he didn't have laser surgery, he would have been home tonight and you would have never known he had surgery! Let me know how he is doing.

Angie said...

poor Rips!

Sandy said...

Poor Rip! I hope he didn't want no more puppies!!! But he'll shake it off, men don't have to endure the pain that woment do.

Anonymous said...

Not to cause any bad news, but my dog still humps everything to this day and he was neutered over 2 years ago! GOOOD LUCK!!

Laura said...

How is Ripley doing?

Lori said...

Ripley is doing great. Yesterday he was moving really slow but today he seems fine.