Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Last Wednesday, I went to church for the first time, on a Wednesday in years. I will admit that I only went because Mason had choir practice. I tell myself every Wednesday that I should go to church but I don't.
Today I called Sandy and asked her if she wanted to go and take Noah and Mason. So, we went...
I wish that everyone reading this blog could have been there because I can never put into words how it was. The service started with song and then prayer requests. People were just raising their hands and asking for prayers for people that they knew. I almost raised my hand and asked for prayers for Bernie but I decided not to. I sat and prayed for him during the prayer time. Next, a very talented woman sang several songs. I had tears in my eyes the entire time. It was beautiful.
Then at the end of the service the Pastor said that he had saved three prayer request for the end. He asked for prayer for his daughter and son-in-law and for my grandparents. My grandmother has shingles and hasn't been at church for a few weeks. Then he asked for prayers for my mom and dad to continue to be strong for Bernie. He said that Bernie had been on his heart for the past few days. He said that our church needed to pray earnestly for Bernie. I can't remember exactly what he said but I know that Sandy and I sat on the back pew and cried. The Preacher then asked that mom, dad and I come up front so that everyone could pray for us and Bernie. He invited anyone who wanted to to come down and stand with us and pray. Half the church came down front and we all prayed for Bernie. It was an amazing experience. I pray all the time for Bernie and for other people in my life. It was really great to have some many other people praying for him. I wonder if Bernie felt it at that moment.
Do you think that it was a coincidence that Sandy and I were there tonight? I haven't attended Bible study in years and years but tonight I was there and God showed Himself to me. It was not a coincidence that I was there. It was God's will.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a touching story!! I had chills reading your blog tonight!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I hate that I missed that. We have such a loving church. I am so glad you went, and Sandy too!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!!

Anonymous said...

no coincidence! only God!

Sandy said...

I am tearing up reading this.... Ah man! I don't want to cry today! Too late because I was crying while writing Bernie a letter today. I'm such a girl! I am so glad that we went last night! It was truly amazing. I wouldn't have chosen to be anywhere else. I too pray for Bernie everyday. If I had one wish - it would be that Bernie could forever be free from his awful disease.

I know I wasn't around after U-Turn. But something tells me that this time is real, you know? I feel like this is his time. I believe with my whole heart that he will defeat Satan once and for all!

Laura said...

You're all in my prayers.