Sunday, September 24, 2006

My Mixed Up Blessings





A lot of times in life, we are so busy that we may not notice all of the blessings that God gives us. Everything that we own is a blessing whether it's clothes, a house, cars or even something as simple as electricity. This weekend I realized that I have some new blessings... New Friends.

I think that enjoying friendship is one of life's sweetest blessings. What would we do without friends? We all need friends in our lives who we can discuss deep issues with, confide our secrets, fears or sorrows. We also need friends we can laugh with.

I am extremely blessed to have a group of friends, some old friends and some new. We call ourselves the Flip Flop Club. I like to think of them as my mixed up blessings. We are all very different but still sort of the same. Some of us cry at the drop of a dime. Some of us have 3 or 4 kids. Some of us drive minivans or SUV's and some of us drive Hondas. What makes us so similar is our love of life and now each other.

We had our 2nd Flip Flop dinner Saturday night. I'm not sure about anyone else but I had a great time! We laughed until we cried and then we laughed some more. As Mason would say, "It was stinkin doodoo fun!"

The best times in life are made a thousand times better when shared with a dear friend but I am blessed with a group of dear friends. If that's not a blessing, then I don't know what is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had many friends in my life, but there is something so different and so special about this group. I feel like all of us in some way have come out of a shell. This group is filled with women who don't seem to judge each other and it is exciting to celebrate how different we are. I look forward to every time we get together, and I hope that we continue this for many years. Long live the Flip Flop Club!!!

Sandy said...

I'm tearing up right now! I am so glad to have friends that I can count on and trust. The Flip Flop Club is da bomb! I luv you gals!

P.S. I'm really thinking about wearing my "ball" necklace to work tomorrow! You think anyone would notice? LOL!

P.S.S. I WANT PICTURES LO-LO!!!!

Laura said...

You guys all look fabulous! It is so funny that you and I blogged about the same thing today, friendship. Girlfriends are the best! You were my best friend since 8th or 9th grade, and even though we live so far apart and have missed out on alot of each other's lives, I still consider you my best friend. No one can replace your sweetness, and sense of humor! For a long time I have thought of you as another sister. I know we have had good and bad times, but now that we are grown I hope we can put the past behind us and value the fact that we still keep in touch after all these years. YOU ROCK!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I had susch a great time! Lo-Lo you did such a good job with everything too. I just wanted to say that this group of girls are the most real I have met in a really long time. If I can say that their is truely something to be said about each and every one of you. I can't hardly wait until the next time.

Anonymous said...

I had a blast !!! It was so nice to be among friends and just be able to let loose. I feel really "safe" with these gals....no body too crazy....just a little innocent fun from time to time. Thanks so much to each of you for letting me be a part of your lives. See Ya'!

Angie said...

Geez, you are making me cry again! I am so excited about what has happened since that day in June when you called me to go to WW with you. I finally feel like I have something to look forward to all the time. We have all really grown and developed our friendships in such a way that they will never be broken. We have got a great group of ladies! (We are so totally the young "Red Hats")
So I am with Jess on this one...LONG LIVE THE FLIP FLOP CLUB!

Here...here!