Sunday, July 23, 2006

How Strong Is Your Faith?

If you are anything like me, your life is definitely not always smooth sailing. There are bumps along the way that are hard to get over, some harder than others. Have you ever noticed that the devil doesn't bother non-believers as much as Christians? It's because the devil has already won over the non-believers. The Christians are the ones that he wants. The people who are strong in their faith will battle the mishaps in their lives all the while asking, "Why is God doing this to me?" "What did I do to deserve this?" "Why? Why? Why?" I think that God is testing you. I think that He puts difficult situations in your life to see what you will do with it and how you will handle it? Will you run with the devil or fight with God at your side?

Everyone is faced with trials. How do you overcome them? YOU can't overcome them without the help of God. He has to be in your corner or you will probably just run circles around your problem instead of fighting it head on.

"When Satan comes to tell you that you are a great sinner, look up to your Redeemer, and talk of His merits. That which will help you is to look to His light."

2 comments:

Laura said...

Man, if this wasn't the perfect blog for me to read today right when I thought God forgot about us. I think it was his plan for you to write it so that people like me could read it. I am undergoing some tests, could be nothing, could be something, we won't know until August. I had to rush my dog, Jazzmyne, to the vet today, and the bills are piling up while I try to finish school in Dec. I was starting to grow weary in my faith, but you reminded me why I should get my act together and press on.

Dancing Boys Mom said...

I've been thinking briefly and I have to disagree with your first supposition. My brother is a pagan. He is an atheist. He hates God and mocks His people constantly. He has been through trial after trial from the time he was young. He has nearly died several times, one of those times was an attempted homicide.

We must remember that God causes the rain to fall on the just and the unjust. He saves those who are His and takes them to be with Him but He doesn't seem to show favorites before hand.