Wednesday, June 07, 2006


What we thought was going to be Mason's first day in his new class turned out to be a pitiful day. When we got to school, we were told that Mason wouldn't move up until July because the 4 year old class was full. Mason instantly started to cry. I had been building him up for this transition for a week. He had worked himself into extreme excitement. He was ready to be an even bigger boy in his new class. Needless to say, I was not happy. But, as a mommy, I had to put on my smiley face and explain to Mason that he would go to his new class in a few weeks. His teacher told him that she loved him and that she would miss him too much if he moved right now. She told him that she needed him to stay with her for a little longer.

So, the morning turned out to be harder for Mason and for me. I had to leave him while he was screaming and crying. He had big fat tears rolling down his face. Of course, he survived the morning but I couldn't wait to pick him up at 11:30. I'm pretty sure that I broke the speed limit all the way there!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

OH DANG IT! Poor Mason! I know he was disappointed. But just think of it this way, you get to keep him "little" for a few more weeks! LOL!

Laura said...

As a former preschool teacher, I understand that when there are too many kids in the class there's not much you can do, but could you suggest to the school that when they can could Mason do some transition time in his new-class-to-be for an hour or so? Like if they have some kids absent for the day could Mason visit? Maybe when the big day arrives then Mason will be all that much more ready to go.

Laura said...

Oh yeah, thanks for the comment on my page. It made me cry!

Anonymous said...

Poor Mason! He looks so cute though!