Monday, June 19, 2006

Adventures in Vacationing - Part One

Hello everyone! We are back from our mini vacation. We had a great time and we are all tired. We need a few days off after our few days off, ya know?

Alright, let me give everyone a recap of part of the weekend. Friday night we went to the Atlanta Braves game. They played the Boston Red Sox. My husband is a die hard New York Yankee fan so Brett, Brook and I all wore Yankees stuff.... Shirts and hats. Can you believe that our seats were smack dab in the middle of all the Red Sox fans? I thought we were going to get jumped! The people behind us chanted, "Yankees suck!" the entire time we were there. Mason was as good as a three year old could be at a baseball game. On the way to the game, we got stuck in wonderful Atlanta traffic. Mason said that it was taking way too long to get to the game and that he wanted to turn around. We told him that if he wanted to go to the game that we were going to have to fight the traffic to get there. He said, "Well, let's just go leave our eyeballs at the game and take our feet back to Brookie's house." We all got a chuckle out of that!

After the game, more traffic. Even worse.... Sitting in traffic with the gas light staring back at you. We rode all over downtown Atlanta looking for a gas station. We were really in the middle of the a scary part of town. We were so low on gas that we had to ride with our windows down. Every time that we had to stop, I rolled my window back up. I was afraid that we would get car jacked or something. I promise that we rode around for an hour, at least, looking for a gas station. I was about to have a panic attack! In my mind, I could see us running out of gas and sitting in the car while our tires and rims were stolen. Anyway, in the mist of our gas station hunt, Brook and I noticed a sign the was high on a building that said, "Jesus Saves". I thought to myself, "Save us now!" Guess what was on the next corner? A Shell Station. I have never been happier to see a gas station.

I'm going to close for tonight and go to bed. I will write more about the rest of our trip tomorrow!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Glad you are home and had fun looking for a gas station! I'm sure that I will hear all about it tomorning when I get Mason from school! :) (I can do that by the way!)
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!! I must say the first part of our weekend was the craziest. After living in this area for almost 10 years, I can still count on both hands the number of times I have ventured down to wonderful Atlanta. Now Brett understands why I avoid it all costs even though he still blamed the traffic and crazy people in Georgia on me. Although I learned this weekend he likes to blame anyone but himself. Oh well, that's what I get for being the baby sis. I am so glad you guys had a great time and I look forward to your next visit. (Honestly I do :) ) I can't wait to read your blog over the next few days just to relive the fun weekend. Take care and give hugs and kisses!!