Wednesday, June 07, 2006


I have had an afternoon full of trials. Ever have those? Everyone does and today was definitely mine!

I came home this afternoon with a terrible headache. When I got here, I crawled in the bed and fell asleep. Brett and Mason got home and crawled in the bed with me at about 5pm. I woke up at 7:00 and went to my mother in laws house to water her plants.... She is out of town. I decided to take Ripley, my dog, with me. While I was watering Gil's plants, I left Ripley in the car with the a/c on. Little did I know that he was throwing up all over the inside of my car. Yuck!!! When I got home, I had to clean all the yuckiness out of the car.
I came in the house to find that Mason was still sleeping. I got him up at about 8pm hoping that he would at least stay up for awhile so that he would sleep tonight. He woke up with pink eye in both eyes!! My poor little fella! His eyes look terrible. He wouldn't let me touch his face at all. He fell back to sleep about 30 minutes later and is still sleeping now. I am praying that he sleeps ALL night long.

So, that is what my afternoon was like today. It could be worse, right? Please say a little prayer for Mason. I can only imagine how hard it will be to put eye drops in his eyes. I'll probably have to sit on him to do it.

Did I mention that we had a dead squirrel in our pool, too? I don't remember inviting him to take a dip!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Dang it Jim! You surely had a rough day! I'm sorry! It could've been worse for sure. I hope Mason gets rid of that nasty pink eye quick! Tell him pink is for girls! LOL!!!

Angie said...

Is that why you called me at 9:15 last night?

Lori said...

Yes, Angie... you know I always call you when disaster stikes!

Laura said...

Hope Mason is feeling better, and you too!