Monday, June 26, 2006


I've been thinking about a lot of things lately but mainly I have been thinking about hope. I find myself always saying things like, "I hope it doesn't rain", "I hope that Mason doesn't cry when I drop him off at school in the morning" or even something as simple as "I hope that the power doesn't go off tonight because my coffee won't come on the morning!" I think that everyone has their personal "hope chest".

But what is hope without prayer? I hope that Bernie can break the chains that bind him but do I pray about it enough? I hope that Angie can hold things together until Buddy gets home but am I taking those concerns to God in prayer enough? Do you ever tell someone that you will be praying for them and then you don't remember to do it? Am I the only one that is guilty of doing this?

I know from experience that the power of prayer is awesome. Take my dad for example. God took a broken man and made him whole again. What a great example of the power of prayer! My sister has made it through 3 years without her husband and still has some time to go but in return she is getting back a man of God.

I hope that whoever is reading this stops and says a prayer for someone in their life that needs a prayer. Who doesn't need prayer? Or even better, I pray that whoever is reading this stops and says a prayer for someone!

5 comments:

Especially Heather said...

funny you should blog about this, I just blogged about my struggles with a situation in my life before coming here.

Thanks for sharing, I needed it tonight!

Chrissy said...

Lori, this is an impacting post! I'll be back! C

Anonymous said...

Well, not only did I stop to say a prayer for your brother and sister and you as well, but also for Erin and Derek. That they may continue to have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby!! Can't wait to meet that little girl!

Chrissy said...

Lori, PS: How did you get the music on your sidebar? Love the song! C

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,
Your post is awesome, it brought tears down my cheek. I pray for all of my family everyday, you and your family included. I know the power of prayer and believe me it works.
You are such a good kid and I love you.
Love your blog pages too.