Thursday, November 09, 2006

Tonight I was given a LARGE dose of the devil's handy work. My feelings got hurt and I reacted. Someone attacked me verbally and I allowed it to fester and turn into a big fat boo boo. I allowed it to eat at me. I questioned friendships. I got a big helping of what the devil can do and I allowed it to happen. I'm sure that the devil was standing over my shoulder smiling. Of course, at that point I questioned my strength as a Christain. I mean, I am walking the walk but am I talking the talk? Someone jumped on me and I jumped right back. I almost let the devil win the battle tonight. I almost sunk into my gloom and allowed him to cover me up. But then....

I opened my Women of Faith Study Bible and it opened to this, "When we see a clown being shot out of a cannon at the circus, we laugh because we know it's not reality. When we're the ones being shot out or shot at, however, it's no laughing matter. It can be a thanksgiving matter, though. Not about what's happening to us, but who protects us in the line of fire. When we take refuge in God, He promises us peace beyond human comprehension. EVERY situation is included. So don't be afraid. There's no battle too fierce for God."

What did I learn from the attacks that the devil threw my way tonight? When someone attacks you, don't allow the hurt to control you. Allow God to control the hurt.

I'm not sure if this post makes any sense but I feel much better having written it.




4 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow! I agree with you 100%! I love you girl!

Jessica said...

I have faith that this group means as much to all in it as it does to me. Although we may have some different views and opinions, I feel like we all respect each other enough to speak kindly to each other. so the more I think about it I know in my heart that there is not anyone of us girls that would intenially hurt the other. And all of us are strong enough to publish our own name...that was the give away. Way to give it to God girl! one point God satan zero!!!

The Upper Room said...

Hey,
I'm proud of you and all the girls. It is a joy to see how you all have bonded and where you find your strength. Be cautious, because when things are going good Satan is planning his next attack. It would give him great satisfaction to dissolve such a strong group of women. He knows your strengths...God and ]each other...If he weakens one of those he has weakened you. I think I speak for all the husbands, at least for two of us, that we are very happy that you all have each other. It makes us happy to see you all happy. I love everyone of you and thank each of you for your friendship. I'll always lift the WW/FF up in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am also thankful that God has blessed this wonderful group of friends. All of you are truly an answer to my prayers. Not long ago I asked God that He would bless my wife and give her good relationships with Godly women; that they would love her, that she would love them, that they would strengthen each other and be a strong prayer support for one another. At that moment, I never knew how graciously He would answer that prayer. Not to long after that the Flip Flop Club was born. I have seen this group of friends grow very quickly into something wonderful,and I pray that God would continue to bless it. "Man hath not seen nor ear heard nor hath entered into the heart of man, the good things God has for those who love him." Bless each and every one of you and I will keep you all in my prayers. Especially you "anonymous" God loves you and so do I.