Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Hide and Go Seek


Mason and I play hide and go seek all the time. It's one of his favorite things to do and if you ever stop by my house, chances are that he will ask you to play. Usually he hides in the same spot over and over and we have to pretend like we don't see him. Well, yesterday Mason and I had this big plan to hide from Brett when he got home from work. We waited until we heard his truck pull into the driveway and we both ran and got on top of the washer and dryer. I closed the laundry room closet doors as best I could from the inside. Brett came in and as he was walking down the hallway, he shut the doors all the way. It was pretty dark in there. Mason was giggling silently as Brett searched all over the entire house for us. He looked in the shower and under the beds and in the closets. Mason was so tickled that his daddy couldn't find us! Then we heard Brett say to the dog, "Mommy and Mason must have gone for a walk or to Ivette's house." So, he sat at the computer to check his e-mail. 5 minutes later, Mason and I are still sitting on the washer and dryer. I whispered to Mason that we would have to drink Tide for dinner. Then he looked at me and said, "Mommy, you look like my daddy in the dark." I had to put hand over my mouth to muffle my laugh. He kept looking at me and saying in a quiet voice, "You're the best mommy ever." "I love you, mommy."

We were in that dark closet for about 10 minutes before Mason made a little sound and Brett found us. Of course, we jumped out and yelled, "Boo!" And of course, Brett was so scared. I must say that that 10 minutes were the most precious moments in my day.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

You are the best mommy ever! It's funny we, as mommies try to plan things to be special, but the best precious moments are the times when life is just happening and we don't get in the way.

Sandy said...

Ahhh, Mason is something else! Tide for dinner. I'm gonna have to report you to DSS. Ha! Sweet moments like that make mommyhood so worth it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to your blog Lori. Carla and I often play hide-and-go seek with the boys too. I love it when they hide from me. I always sneak up on them and then scare them when they least expect it.

Anonymous said...

You guys are so funny. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, you have really inspired me to stop worrying about the pile of work on my desk and the pile of homework on the floor and go outside and play soccer with Bernie.

Angie said...

I love that kid! Was that Abby up there as Ms. Anonymous? Hey Abby!

Even though you already told me that story the other night, I still got a great chuckle of the mental image of you guys sitting up on the washer and dryer trying to be quiet! I know it is hard with that clever little fella of yours. Love you!

Carla said...

That is so funny! Very true- the times when we least expect it is when the best memories are made with our children.

Anonymous said...

I love that story!! It is stories like that that make me look forward to being a mommy some day!!