Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Choice to Be Happy

When things happen in my life that make me feel gloomy, I have a choice. Do I sink in gloom or choose to be happy? Life's trials can feel so overwhelming sometimes and it's not always things in my life that make me sad. Sometimes it's things that are happening to a friend or family member. The devil uses every resource that he can to bring us all down. He makes things that are bad look good and he makes things that are good look bad. So, when life seems like it is crashing in around you, what do you do? Do you sit quietly and wait for the storm to pass? Do you snap at people that you love out of spite? Do you call a friend and talk it out? Personally, I have tried all of these things to feel better. Although some of those things make me feel better, it's only temporary. The only thing that I can really do to shake the glooms is "Let Go and Let God". Just take my hands off of the situation and put God's hands on it. That is a hard thing for me to do because I can't stand to see anyone suffer. I want to solve everyone's problems and I want the people that I love to be happy. But that's not up to me. That is God's job. So, my prayer tonight is that God will continue to help me let go. I know that He will do one of the things that He does best..... Answer prayers.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

6 comments:

Carla said...

You are so right! We always want to try to do everything and solve every problem, but we just can't. Only God can! Thanks for that Lori.

Sandy said...

I know exactly what you mean.... I still think I can do all....

Jessica said...

You have just inspired my next post...

Angie said...

I know what yuo mean too...boy do I know what you mean!

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration! Thank you for my sticker you gave me months ago, "Let Go And Let God". It took me awhile, but you were the "Barnabas" that led me and encouraged me to do that. It wasn't easy, until I did it, and it was amazing at the peace that came with trusting Him. Thank you, precious daughter. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lo Lo, You need to write a book of daily devotions. I have read many books and never have I ever read anyones writings that are any better than yours. You have a great gift so get started and don't let me hear you say you can't because God can through you! May The Lord continue to bless you and all of we'ns

Love your dad,