Monday, March 27, 2006

Not my will but God's


If you know me well, you know that I don't like to see anyone or anything suffer. Whether it's a baby bird that has fallen from its nest or a tree frog that my son has captured and is trying to squeeze into his pocket.

My biggest worries lie within my family....I'm sure that applies to everyone reading this. I have to remind myself every day that I can not fix everyone. I can't plant a money tree in my sister's backyard so that she doesn't have to worry about supporting her family. I can't ride around on my little brothers shoulder and pull his hair when I think that he's going in the wrong direction in his life. I can't put Mason in a bubble so that he doesn't ever get sick again. All that I can do is pray for them and trust that God will do the things that I can't... and so far He has. He watches over my sister and her family, He guides my brother and although Mason will always catch viruses, he will always get better.

It amazes me how many times that God has stepped in when I felt like things were hopeless. Do you ever wonder how bills that you thought would never get paid end up paid? Or have you ever been praying for someone and the phone rings and it's the person you were praying for? These things happen to people every day and they call it coincidence but I call it God's will.

I will close with something that Mason said to me tonight that brought tears to my eyes. "Mommy, listen to this kiss.... it sounds like a heart with a lot of love." Isn't that so true?

1 comment:

Angie said...

I LOVE YOU! YOU ARE THE SWEETEST SISTER! (DON'T TELL AMY!)