Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Mason has been sleeping in our bed since he was about 2 years old. The older that he gets, the bigger he gets, the more crowded our queen size bed has become. I told him that it was time that he sleep in his own bed. I swear that he woke up 10 times during the night. Needless to say, I was so tired the next day. Then Sandy gave me an idea. She said that Noah used to sleep on an inflatable sleeping bag on the floor in her room. I talked to Mason about it and he was so excited. I made him a cot on the floor beside our bed and he has been sleeping there for a few days. He sleeps all night without a peep! Praise the Lord for small miracles!

So, I ordered him an inflatable sleeping bag because I felt bad that he was sleeping on the hard floor. It came in yesterday so he was really excited about trying it out. He laid down and went right to sleep until...... I woke to his screaming at about 1:15 am. He had managed to get his upper body wedged under our bed. So his legs were on the mat but his head was under the bed and he was stuck like that. I had to pull the mat from under his legs and then pull him from under the bed. He was hysterical. I put him in our bed for the rest of the night. He woke up this morning so angry that he wasn't on his mat. He didn't remember what had happened during the night. Tonight we will be moving the mat away from the edge of the bed.... poor little fella!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would of been screaming hysterical too. Poor little fella. I know how excited he is about that mat and I'm sure it will work, provided he doesn't continue to get stuck....ha, ha.

Sandy said...

YAY! I'm glad I could help with a remedy.... Enjoy your new space in the bed! We had a very hard time getting Noah to sleep in his own bed too. And you are right, between two adults and a child there is limited wiggle room. And to make it even tighter, throw in a few dozen stuffed "babies." (Noah calls his stuffed animals babies.)

So, good luck with Mason sleeping on it every night. Trust me, sooner or later he will want to sleep in his own bed! Sometimes the moms & dads need their "space."