Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 - Recap

Since the new year is just hours away, I thought I'd recap some things that happened in 2006. The thing that really stands out the most in my mind is that PaPa passed away on January 9, 2006. That was probably the saddest day in my life. Our family held on tight to each other and we made it through that rough time, with God's help. We had A LOT of birthday parties at mom's and several anniversaries. Brett and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on July 7. We spent the weekend in Charleston at a Bed and Breakfast. It was so nice! I joined Weight Watchers and have lost 25 pounds. I was blessed with new friends and we became the Flip Flop Club. I can not even begin to tell you what this group of girls has meant to me. I look forward to many years of flip flopping through our lives together. I started going to Sunday School and let me just tell you that it has blessed my life more than words can begin to express. Our Sunday morning group is really unique and I am glad to be a part of it. Through WW and Sunday School, friendships have formed that will bless me forever. Ivette and I made it through another year of great friendship. We have held each other up through tears and laughter. She is my sister and I love her so much. I started playing golf again. I'm not that good at it but it is so much fun. Angie, Jessica and I played in our first tournament and we did not come in last place. Yah us!! Speaking of Jessica... she has been an amazing friend!! I know that God put her and Jeremiah in my path this year for a reason and slowly I am seeing that reason. It's because I needed them and I didn't even know it. God always knows what we need, even before we know it. (Sniff-Sniff) This year, I caught the "crying at the drop of dime disease" from Jessica... thanks for sharing that with me. The people who make Kleenex are certainly benefiting from that! Mason started taking karate. He can karate chop you and do it with a smile! He has been such a good boy this year, aside from the occasional, normal things. He turned four on September 17. He has a "girlfriend" at school. She is very pretty. He tells us that he is going to marry her when he grows up. He is growing way too fast. Brook and Justin got a new puppy named Remi. He is really adorable and full of energy. They love their pups! We got a new puppy and named her Layla. She has been a great addition to our family. Ripley is very happy to have her to play with.

I finished my 12th year at Real Estate Professionals. That's a long time, huh? Time has really flown by! Bernie graduated from the Faith Home in October. He is new man and continues to grow in his faith and his recovery. Bobby and Diana moved in two doors down. Mason loves having them so close because he can play with Robert and Wes more. Billy and Amy built a beautiful home in Walling Grove. It is their dream house and I couldn't be happier for them. They also got two new pups. Maverick and Bailey. They keep Billy and Amy very busy! Angie went back to work and seems to like it. Her purse business is also doing really well. I went on vacation with her and all the kids in September. Angie and I both got tattoos and belly button piercings. We had a great time! I'm sure that I left out a lot about 2006 but if I wrote about everything that happened, it would be 100's of pages long.

All in all, 2006 has been a good year. There has been a lot of laughter, tears, and disagreements but we made it through the year together. I hope that everyone has a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

What a busy year you have had. lots of highs and lows, but overall God has blessed you so much. I hope 2007 is a good year for you as well, you deserve it! Love ya

Anonymous said...

So in 2007, will Mason have any siblings!?! haha...I know I know...Im pushy!

Sandy said...

Yeah, what about some siblings??? :-) It's someone's turn...... Who will it be???

Lori said...

NOT ME!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a year. You are so blessed. I'm just as blessed though because we did make it through another year of SUPER GREAT friendship. 10 years and holding strong. I look forward to the many years to come. Love you bunches!!!!

The Upper Room said...

Love ya Lori and I cherish the relationship that we have. You are a blessing to me too.