Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Am I The Next American Idol???

NOT! But I am joining the young adult choir at church. My mom has been inspired to create a new choir and I, for some unknown reason, have agreed to join it. I can not sing worth a lick.... not even in the shower. I have never been in any choir. Mason looks at me funny when I sing anything.... I think that he wants to tell me to stop but he is afraid of hurting my feelings. I am actually looking forward to it and I know that it will bless so many people in our church, including me. So, please pray for our new choir. Lord knows, we all need prayer, especially the people who are going to have to listen to my singing! YIKES! Maybe I can just hum along in the back row??

4 comments:

Laura said...

I don't think God will mind if you don't have a good singing voice. If people start complaining you could always lip sync, right?

The Upper Room said...

All God asks of us is to raise a joyful noise to Him. And anything that is sung in praise and worship of Him is joyful. I am excited that we have this opportunity. I think it will help our church grow with more young people. I see us singing a lot more songs I have been wanting to sing for the longest time. So when is our first practice.

Sandy said...

As long as you don't quit your day job... Just kidding!

Angie said...

Hmmm...Young adult choir, huh? Am I still a young adult? I know that ya'll let this old lady in the young adult SS class, but really, hmmmm? My kids stare at me funny too! Not sure if I should do this one or not. I'll pray about it!