Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!!

Last night Mason and I carved our pumpkin. He really had fun helping me clean out all the pulp and then washing the seeds. We put the seeds in the oven with a little salt and baked them... YUMMY!

While we were carving the pumpkin, Mason kept looking over at me and saying, "I love you mommy." Then he would reach over and hug me or kiss me. He was so excited to be helping that he was overcome with emotion. He must have hugged me 10 times. I started thinking about how busy I have been lately. It seems like I have something planned for every night of every week. Weight Watchers, church, holiday parties or whatever. When I am at home, I'm busy doing laundry or dishes or catching up on cleaning. I realized last night that I haven't been doing enough fun things with Mason. That's why he kept hugging me. Normally while I'm cleaning or whatever, he is in his room playing. I really need to make a point of going in and playing cars with him or coloring. I'm not saying that I ignore Mason but while I am busy living my life, I'm missing little pieces of his.

It is so easy to get caught up in life and you look up to find that weeks have passed you by. My prayer today is that I can slow down and enjoy my family more. I don't want to look up one day and see Mason graduating from high school and wish that I could go back to play cars with him or color a picture of a Power Ranger. Shame on me for being so busy. Shame! Shame! Shame!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I needed that! One on one time is so precious! If we ever have something going on with Flip floppers and some feels like they need to spend more time with their family i hope they do it instead!Being a mom is so special as well as a huge responsibility. We also need to remember our honeys! Thank you for that today...

Laura said...

As important as quality time is with your child, don't be too hard on yourself. Kids also need some down time alone. Especially when they lead busy lives and go to daycare with other kids all day.

Sandy said...

Amen sista! I miss my little Noah all the time when he is not with me. Can't it be Mommy's turn all the time??? Again with the selfish thoughts! Shame on me! I can't wait to have a normal family, well, I guess I will never have a "normal" one. When I was with Mike, we never did things as a family, it was always me and Noah. Most of the time anyways. I love my son and I don't really get to spend enough time with him. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

I already feel bad when Ashlynn is in the swing and I am not paying attention to her! Sad! Good blog!

Carla said...

Now that made me cry!!! You are not the only one who feels that way, I try to remind myself that my house will still be a mess when I get around to cleaning it- but the kids are growing every day! Remember what's important.

Anonymous said...

I feel like this most days.

The Upper Room said...

we should do a family day...a day all of our kids can play together... and that should be the only purpose we gather that day...maybe they'll build the lasting friendships we are developing each day