Thursday, October 12, 2006

Happy Birthday Ivette!

Have you ever had a friend that you just wouldn’t trade?
One of the sweetest people that God ever made?
Someone who wipes away your endless tears,
She knows your weaknesses and all of your fears?
I have this friend that God made just for me,
We are as perfectly matched as friends can be.
She has walked with me through fire and rain,
She has stood by me through the greatest of pain.
She laughs when I laugh and cries when I cry,
She tells me the truth, looking me straight in the eye.
She’s been there through the good and all of the bad,
She can just look at me and tell right away if I’m sad.
God knew what He was doing when He brought us together,
He knew that our friendship could withstand any weather.
So, today I celebrate the day of her birth,
The day that God sent an angel down to the earth.
So Happy Birthday my friend, Have a great day,
And may our friendship stay strong, come what may!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally crying right now.........I love you so much!
Thank you a million times over for being so dear to me. I truly treasure you now and always.

PS. Ditto on the poem....(((hugs))

Sandy said...

Awwwwww!!!! That was so nice! There was a time when I didn't want any friends and didn't trust anyone.... And then I met my new friends! I am blessed as well!

Happy B-Day Elmo!

Jessica said...

You guys are so special. There is nothing like a true friendship. It is really a sisterhood. or sista-hood. I am so blessd to have friends that are truely genuinly good people. I love ya'll

Happy Birthday Elmo!