Friday, June 13, 2008

A Letter To MaMa

Dear MaMa,

I wanted you to know that you will always have a piece of my heart. I miss you already and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. I have cried rivers today.... some of them shed while laying in your bed trying so hard to remember every detail about you. They are mostly tears of sorrow but some are tears of joy because I know that you are not suffering anymore. Your back is completely healed and you are not hurting. I miss you already. I will miss the way that you smell, your soft skin, your phone calls telling me that lunch was ready, trips to WalMart, corned beef and cabbage... no one can make it like you, your tenderness, your smile, your love of clothes and shoes, and so much more. When I sat back today and observed the family that started with you, I was amazed. You have left a legacy that will go forever. I miss you already... have I mentioned that?? I will miss seeing you in your yard messing with your flowers or sweeping the steps. How many times did I ride by and not stop?? I regret that so much. I should have stopped every time that I saw you out there no matter where I was headed.
I feel so displaced without you here. Even when you were so sick, I knew where you were and I could visit you every day. Today, I didn't know where to go. Home? Mom's? I felt like I had no where to go because I wanted to be with you and I couldn't. So I chose to sit at your house with your things. I miss you already.
I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck! Thank you for being such an amazing grandmother.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Oh Lori I am so sorry for your loss (and Angie, Amy, and ALL the others in your family.) I never knew your grandmother, but I've heard she was a wonderful person, and I know you will truly miss her.

amyploss said...

It took four times for me to get to the bottom of this post. Mama was an amazing women that we will never forget! I miss you so much already. Mama, I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck!

Anonymous said...

Im sorry Lori...