Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom and MaMa!!

My mom and my grandmother share the same birthday. Every year they celebrate together. Every year they open present together, blow out their candles together and eat cake together. This year is extremely bitter sweet. My grandmother is very sick with pneumonia and is not expected to live much longer. She had back surgery in November and just hasn't been able to recover from it. I promise you that I can feel my heart breaking in my chest. I know that God brings us into this world knowing the exact moment when we will leave. I know that my PaPa is waiting for MaMa in Heaven. I know that he is whistling the days away waiting for her to join him. But I also know that doesn't make it any easier to let her go. I doesn't make it easier to think about life without her in it.
So, on this special day, I am wishing MaMa a very special 81st Happy Birthday!! And to my mom, I love you so much! You inspire me every day to be a better woman and a better mom. You are the ultimate example and I thank God that He choose me to be your daughter.

No comments: