Thursday, February 08, 2007

We had such a great time in Snowshoe. We were among really terrific people and two great kids. We played in the snow, went sledding and tubing, ate some good food, did a little bit of shopping and a lot of laughing. I have to admit that I played gameboy a lot while I was there.... Yes, I am addicted to Super Mario Brothers.

Anyway, Mason and Will took a ski class on Saturday afternoon. Neither one lasted the entire class. I think that it was a little bit scary because they were among strangers, in the freezing cold, standing on skis. I think that I would be a little frightened myself. Mason did go out skiing with Brett the next day and he did really good. I think that next year he will catch on and be passing Brett on the slopes.

Let me tell you how stinkin cold it was! I really don't think that temperature got out of the 10's while we were there. One night before bed, I put a bottle of water in front of out window and forget about it. When we got up the next day, it was frozen solid and the window wasn't even opened. Now that's cold! When we left Snowshoe, the temperature was -8 degrees. BURRRR!

Mason was so excited when it started to snow on the way to West Virginia. We stopped for gas shortly after the snow started to fall and Mason laid down in the parking lot and did a snow angel. There was hardly any snow sticking at this point so he basically made an asphalt angel. I couldn't help but laugh at him!!

2 comments:

Carla said...

I can't imagine those temperatures! Sounds like ya'll had a great time. You were missed and I'm glad you're back home!

Anonymous said...

Good words.