Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Mason... My Funny Guy

Mason had a splitter in his arm yesterday. He cried and cried and wouldn't let me touch it. He was really distraught about it and just didn't know what to do to get it out. I told him that I would pull it out. It was bearly even hanging on anyway. During all the tears, he asked me, "Is God making me hurt like this?" I told him no but that unfortunately hurting was a part of life. He told me that he did not like the hurting part of life. I couldn't help but giggle at him but he seemed so grown up.
The other morning Mason woke up and immediately started acting like he was mad at something. Brett asked him if he was mad because a cat had pooped in his mouth while he was sleeping. His breathe was kickin! Mason didn't think that it funny at the time. Yesterday he woke, laid there for a minute and then proceeded to get mad again. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "That same cat pooped in my mouth again!"

4 comments:

Sandy said...

He is so funny! I don't like the pains of life either but it's something that we have to endure. As I well know! When I experience pain or heartache, I have to be thankful because I know that I'm alive. If it's a simple splinter or something as big as a broken heart, God is on our side.

Anonymous said...

That blog made my night!! I love the cat pooped in my mouth thing. Brett loves to say that. I'll have to ask him about that this weekend. Can't wait to see you. Be careful driving! Luv ya!!

Amy Ploss said...

LOL!! Mason is the funniest kid ever. I love to hear the things he comes up with:)

The Upper Room said...

your kid is hilarious...he's going to be one silly adult...