Sunday, October 19, 2008

For a year, Brett has been working on a huge project at work. This past week he was rarely home, going to work at 5:30am and working late. He hated not being home much and Mason and I missed him like crazy. Even though Brett was not home much, he found little ways to let us know that he loved us. Of course, I complained to him none stop that we wanted him home with us. In the past week, I woke up to find a dozen red roses and cards, even a card for Mason. Little notes written on the dry erase board and early morning wake up calls. His project is done now and he will be home again but I definitely have a new respect for the families that live like that all year long. We enjoy our family time in the afternoons and evenings.
Mason had the dreaded stomach bug that began Friday night and continued all night. ALL NIGHT! I felt so sorry for him. He begged me to do something to make it stop but there was nothing that I could do for him. If you know me then you know how I feel about the stomach bug. I can't handle it. Not only do I have a weak stomach when it comes to the bug but I can't stand being so helpless to make him feel better. He slept most of Saturday and woke up this morning still feeling yucky. My poor little fella!!
Update: Since we share everything in our family, Mason so kindly shared his stomach bug with me and now Brett is in bed with it! Thank goodness, we will be done with it soon!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I sure hope he is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys bounce back soon. I miss you! Love ya