Friday, October 12, 2007

The Glory Of His Works

Last night Brett, Mason and I went out for a boat ride with my brother. On the way back, the sun was setting and the sky in front of us was red. It was a red that I had never seen before. Absolutely gorgeous! I looked back at the sky behind us and is was almost purple. It was so perfect and beautiful. I started thinking about the glory of His works. Who else could create a sunset like that one but God? The entire ride back to the dock, I thought about all things that are going on my life. I have a good life but there are always days that go by when I want a "do over". For instance, I raise my voice to Mason when it really wasn't necessary. Or I don't pay enough attention to the people that I love. I started thinking about the fact that I am not guaranteed tomorrow or even my next breath. That sunset was so gorgeous but it only lasted a few minutes and then it was over. I am really going to try to live in the moment more instead of concentrating on what tomorrow may bring. The moments in life past just as fast as that sunset but it was beautiful while it lasted because I took the time to watch it. It's funny how God works. He used that big sunset to open my eyes to the little things in life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so glad you are blogging again! I miss it! You always bring a tear to my eyes!

Carla said...

Okay Lori now I'm crying! That was awesome, so true! Why can't we learn to appreciate every moment of our lives, because it IS a gift from God, every breath. I needed that, thank you :)