Monday, June 04, 2007

Randon Thoughts

Last night we started Vacation Bible School. I am helping Carla with the 3 and 4 year old class. This is my first year helping with VBS and I can already tell you that this week is going to be awesome...... exhausting but awesome! Some say that the first night is unorganized and crazy but I think that it went really well. The kids had smiles on their faces and seemed excited about the night. We enjoyed snacks, music, recreation, crafts, missions and Bible Study.
Voices of Praise sang a special Sunday morning in church and had practice with the adult choir Sunday afternoon. We are joining together to sing a special this coming Sunday morning. I am really excited to see what God has planned for us.
Friday night a group of fellow Flip Floppers had dinner at Outback. Carla is moving very soon so we wanted to get together before she leaves. I am going to miss her so much. When she leaves, she will be taking a small piece of this Flip Floppers heart. I look forward to August, when she will be back for our 1 year anniversary weekend at Harbor!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope everything went well last night at VBS. I will see you there tonight!

Sandy said...

I will miss Carla too1 And I will see you at VBS tomorrow... Like I said, hold me to my word! Don't let me back out.... Love you!

Carla said...

Well what a blessing it is that you're helping me...or I guess I should say we're helping each other. I'm telling you the devil has been on my back all week long! He did the same thing last year, when I was in charge of the preschoolers all by myself. And I swore I would NEVER volunteer for that position again. So this year I signed up to do arts & crafts, but God placed it on my heart to help out with the little ones again. I am doing my best, but it's hard enough to keep my 2 boys in order, and every day that passes it's like my patience wears thinner and thinner. I know the kids have enjoyed this week, and looking back I will be glad I did it, just like last year. It was truly a blessing in the long run. I'm so glad we were able to do this together!
Getting to know you has been such a joy, you are a wonderful friend and it's definitely going to be hard to say goodbye. Can't wait 'til the cookout- remember big girls don't cry...love you!

Sandy said...

Geez, I could cry right now but I won't.... I agree with Carla, I'm glad to know you too! Love you!