Tuesday, April 17, 2007

For those of you that didn't know, I joined the Youth/Young Adult Choir at church. I have never sang in any choir and have never thought that my voice was a good one. The only person that I have ever sang to is Mason because mommy's always sound pretty, right?

When mom asked me to join the choir, I didn't hesitate. I jumped right into practices and listening none stop to my cd's. But after every practice I feel so frustrated with myself. I don't want to sing loud because someone might actually hear me. I don't want to stand to close to anyone because then someone will definitely hear me. Pretty silly, huh? Yeah, it is!!

We had practice Sunday night and once again, I was feeling less than confident. I was trying to sing quietly because I felt like I was really sounding like a sick cow. But then we started working on a new song. "Let Everything That Has Breath Praise The Lord". I stood there thinking, who am I to not raise my voice and praise God? So I don't sound fabulous. Does that really matter? To God's ears, my praises are precious, no matter how off key they are. So, I plan on listening to my cd's, learning my part and singing to the best of my ability. I plan on praising God through song and allowing Him to use me as a witness. If you happen to be the one who stands beside me at practice..... sorry if I'm off key or mess up. But I'm gonna keep on keepin on and I am gonna PRAISE!!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

YOU GO GIRL! I'm the same way.... I think I sound like a big ole fat mess. But it's alright. sorry, I left y'all hanging the other day. Don't ever let me do that again. Just give me that threatening look or grab me by the ear and drag me up there to sing. Maybe I should stand closer to you so we can sound cracky together! Ha Ha! Just kidding! (Hey, I could stand next to you and drwon you out - I am a soprano!) :-) Love you!

Anonymous said...

OK,so I was in a choir in college, an I cant sing! We ALSO sang let everything that has breath praise the Lord..."for his mighty acts, and his wonderous works!" SING LOUD WOMAN!

Anonymous said...

For the record, you and Sandy sound great. I really enjoy singing next to you and I would make suggestions to you if I thought you sounded off. There have been MANY times that I lean over to listen to you so I can find my note, and you know that! But you are right, lift your voice to the Lord and if it is worship that you are doing, then there is no way that can't sound beautiful! When we sing, really sing I feel like Jesus is standing right next to me, and that seems to happen when we worship in unison. Sing out girl! and remember this is your offering to your Lord, give Him your best!

Anonymous said...

Stop short changing yourself and keep on giving it your all.